Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Hoff

So I get a call tonight from my friend, A.R. (name altered to protect the inebriated) asking me, "What the heck is the deal with David Hasselhoff?" She goes on, ranting, if you will, for about 10 minutes. She even goes so far as to suggest doing an informal phone interview to random people ("I should do a *67 and just start calling people.") asking them if they like David Hasselhoff and if they answer "yes," asking them why. "What," she finally screams, the culmination of the rant, "is so f***ing great about David-freaking-Hasselhoff?!"

I calmly reply, "Honey, I have no idea." She then informs me that I need to write a blog about David Hasselhoff and ask any would-be readers what they think of him and why is he so d*** great.

I finally get off the phone with her and my husband says to me, "What was that about?" I tell him, "She wants to know what's so freakin' great about David Hasselhoff." My husband, somehow straight-faced, responds, "He's just so hunky." Then, just as I'm catching my breath from the giggling, he continues, "If he were 50 years younger, he'd be on the cover of Teen Beat." At this point, I'm reaching for a tissue to wipe the Sprite out of my nose. Leave it to my husband to time his commentary perfectly.

So, dear Reader, your input please. What is so freaking great about David Hasselhoff? A.R. will be eagerly awaiting your response.

No comments: