Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Gimme a JOB!!!

I miss working. I really do. I don't know what I'd do without BACA keeping me busy. I've had a few interviews in the past week or two and the last one really had me thinking. They told me that they had a concern about my last few jobs only lasting a few months. Temporary jobs. Seriously, not my fault.

So here's a question for y'all.... Is it better to just stay unemployed or take a job that you know will only last for a few months? Frankly, I'd rather work than be unemployed. But it seems to be affecting my ability to get a REAL job.

*sigh* Damned if I do and damned if I don't apparently.

So if anyone reading this blog knows of anyone looking for an administrative assistant, receptionist, office assistant, office manager, human resources assistant, accounting clerk, etc., PLEASE let me know. Part-time, full-time, first, second or third shift. I don't care. I need to work.

Sometimes I wonder if I'd be happier if I had a really bad work ethic. I mean, this wouldn't be so bad if I didn't care about working or not. Money matters aside, working helps me feel like I'm contributing to society. Plus I seriously enjoy what I do for a living. Yes, I'm the freak that loves filing.

So if anyone has any advice on how to handle huge employment gaps (due to a crappy job market, not for a lack of trying) plus short-term jobs, please.... have at it.

Anyways... Off to scour JobNet again.... Wish me luck!

No comments: