Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Under the Knife

Well, tomorrow morning I go under the knife again. And I'm starting to freak out. For the second time in my life, the words "spine" and "surgery" have appeared in the same sentence.

They tell me this surgery will be better than the other, but that doesn't make me feel much better. At least the drugs should be good.

Top Ten Reasons to Look Forward to Spine Surgery:
10. People don't look at you as funny when you park in a handicap stall while wearing appliances.
9. No working for at least another six weeks.
8. Quality time with my family.
7. Popping pills at dinnertime is suddenly socially acceptable.
6. I think I'll look really cool in a collar.
5. No one will yell at me for going out in public in sweatpants.
4. Pain medication may make daytime TV entertaining.
3. Two words: hospital food.
2. People don't make you feel bad for sleeping all day.

and the # 1 reason to look forward to spine surgery...
1. Someone may be able to convince my fiance to buy me flowers.

Okay, well.... I guess I feel better now....

Wish me luck, all!

1 comment:

Ray said...

By the way.... In case anyone was wondering, Smiley never sent me flowers. Schmuck.