Saturday, February 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Frosting

Tee hee. My ex-husband is emailing me, asking for my peanut butter frosting ingredients. I reply back with the list of ingredients. He asks for amounts. Silly boy. There aren't any.

You see, there's a special trick to making my peanut butter frosting. I even I don't know what it is. All of the amounts of the ingredients are eyeballed. Every time. And it always turns out light and fluffy.

I even gave my mom (who I got the original recipe from, mind you) the recipe once (with an approximation of ingredient amounts) and she couldn't duplicate it. I walked her through it, step by step, on exactly what I do at each point and she couldn't do it right.

Now, when my mom wants peanut butter frosting (which is delicious, if you haven't tried it), she asks me to come over and make it.

For anyone willing to try, here's the recipe. Good luck!

Take a dollop of creamy peanut butter (no more than 1/2 cup) and add about 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and about 1/2 cup butter (one stick)(I suggest using real butter, not margarine or spread). Cream together until smooth. Add powdered sugar (start with a cup and keep adding until thick). Add a dash of milk. Whip at high speed and alternate powdered sugar and milk until the right consistency (light and fluffy).

Hint: I don't think you can make this by hand. I use my mixmaster to do it. I'm not even sure a hand mixer will do it right.

No comments: